Sunday, February 6, 2011

Undersea Adventure!


I embroidered these critters yesterday.
Now... I don't want to hear anything about how narwhals, octopi and jellyfish don't share the same aquatic habitat. Because, obviously, this is a ragtag bunch of misfits on a magical adventure with an unlikely friendship.


Francis the Octopus (lost 8th leg in an epic battle)


Nathan the Narwhal (takes pride in the fact that his horn is really an extended tooth)


Velma the Jellyfish (Has a dog named Scuba Doo)

I forgot how fun embroidery is! Annnnd I learned how to do a french knot for the first time. I believe it to be the most entertaining stitch there is.
I don't think you can tell in the picture, but I tea-dyed the fabric myself too! It is such a good way to reincarnate an old sheet.
Oh yes, and because I am a radical non-traditionalist, I filled the critters in with some water colors, which I think looks really awesome. Hopefully I am not committing any cardinal sin of needlework?
Let's call it mixed media, and no one will get hurt, okay?
:)

Images inspired by : badbird and Tamie Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License